Dec 1, 2007

Writer's Digest Stole My Soul

Only for a few night though. In which time I was writing for one of fore-mentioned company's contests. The deadline is Dec. 3. And I'm putting finishing touches on my "maybe" submission as I write this. Well... not "right" when I'm writing this, but you know, in general...

The thing is, the contest is a short, short, story contest. 1,500 words or less. That's really small. About three pages or less, small. My would-be submission clocks in at 3,000 unedited. That's really (relatively!) big. I got to cut it in half. I hate it when I have to cut stuff to size. Each sentence you kick out is like a little piece of time being put to the fires of uselessness. Oh well...
The main problem though is that... well, I have to write something good. I am pretty happy with the story as a whole, but not if I have to cut half of it out. And I don't really know how else to do it.

Wish me luck if you would, good reader. I got a few ideas... hopefully I can pull it out by Monday.

On the up side though... I bought some Flyleaf songs last night. And they're pretty cool. I've been meaning to get some of their stuff for a long time, so that's cool. It's a strange thing, in that their vocalist isn't great, and the musicianship is okay... but they possess an energy and... sincerity? That is quite appealing.

Laterz, reader.

No comments: